Flower Power - Best Beauty Buys
Get inspired by the pretty floral fashion in stores and the beautiful summer scents outdoors. It’s time to update your beauty bag with some fresh floral finds. Here are my favourite beauty picks:
Feel as pretty as a petal with this bouquet of lush lip shades…
1. Benefit Love Your Look Full-Finish Lipstick in Flirt Alert (£14.00; Boots.com), creamy and moisturising this lippie doesn’t wear off in patches like some brands. The colour simply fades so you’re never left with tell-tale post-morning-coffee blotchiness.
2. Prestige Color Treat Lipstick in Beautifully Buff (£6.49; Boots.com), not only defines the contours of your lips but it also contains anti-aging properties for a younger looking pout. Yes please!
3. If you steer clear from bright lips this pretty shade is for you! Lancome Color Fever Lasting Colour Lipstick in Rose Defile (£19.00; Boots.com) is fresh, modern and provides long-lasting coverage and shine.
Floral fragrances are definitely having a moment right now. Forget traditional rose perfumes that remind you of Grandma and embrace these stunning ladylike scents….
1. Vera Wang Lovestruck Eau de Parfum 50ml (£48.00; Boots.com) is filled with mouth-watering pink guava, mandarin and a delicate mix of tuberose and lotus blossom. A floral explosion you’re bound to fall in love with.
2. For an unexpected floral fragrance try CHANEL CHANCE Eau de Toilette Spray 50ml (£50.00; Boots.com). Truly feminine a few sprays will transport you into a field of flowers.
3. While the base note is heavily influenced on the scent of a rose Yves Saint Laurent Paris Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml (£53.50; Boots.com) is given a fresh contemporary twist. A delicious floral fragrance that is perfect for modern women.
Wake up and smell the best beauty buys in bloom…
1. It’s not only rosy cheeks that can perk up your beauty look. Why not try rosy fingertips with Avon Nailwear Pro in Rose Petals (£6, Avon.uk.com), which contains acrylic to strengthen nails and makes the polish last. I love a one coat wonder! Or try 17 Nail Xtras Rose Manicure Nail Polish (£3.99, Boots.com), that’s not only perfect for a French manicure look but one quick coat of this sheer shade oozes natural girliness.
2. Give yourself violet eyes with Lancome Ombre Absolute Momo Radiant Soothing Eyeshadow in Electric Dream (£16.50; Boots.com), it magically makes all eye colours pop! Don’t be afraid to try this bold colour as the brightness of the shade depends on your application. Go for a subtle light dusting or use a little water on an eye shadow applicator to intensify the colour. For a deeper violet shade apply two coats.
3. Want a beautiful bod? Well look no further than L’Occitane Plum Blossom Polishing Shower Gel (£13.00; Uk.loccitane.com). This limited edition wash exfoliates with almond shell particles for super soft skin. A great morning wake up for your body!
4. Apply Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse SPF 30 in Pink (£29.00; Shuuemura.co.uk) under your foundation for a glowing complexion. This limited edition version by Japanese artist Mika Ninagawa will beautify your face and dressing table.
5. Get luscious locks with Klorane Camomile Brightening Cream Conditioner (£6.24; Escentual.com), brightens blonde and light brown manes. Calming and gentle on your hair and skin.
6. Leaves skin soft and smelling sweet indulge with Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Dusting Powder (£18.00, Crabtree-evelyn.co.uk). There’s something so utterly lovely about applying dusting powder, it makes you feel elegant and lady-like.
You don’t need to be a flower child to appreciate the beauty in these wonderfully pretty products. Try one or more of these floral treats and I guarantee it will be a beauty pick-me-up that will leave a smile on your dial.